Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I am a baby.

I went to Ottawa, Kansas yesterday to pick up Luke after a small visit to Emporia. I had been gone to Indianapolis at a sorority board meeting. Grandma and Luke are looking around the Dollar Store in Ottawa when I arrive so I anxiously go to say hello to Luke. He is not so excited to see me. He runs to grandma and wants her to hold him. Pretty cute that he loves his grandma and papa so much that he is not so excited to go home. Although he does change his mind after mentioning daddy. We made it home. Luke always learns new tricks when he is at either grandparents. He now seems to be be better at holding our hand when we go in stores. He is also is even more verbal than before. He basically doesn't stop talking. I am trying so hard to understand all his words. I heard tons about the visit to grandma and papa's - basically kitty, puppy, choo choo, juice, horse and more. Pretty cute!

I have started to think about trying to slowly get rid of the Binky. Our parent educator recommends that he is rid of it by age 2 but our doctor says by age 3. I just thought we would at least start down that path. He really wanted it the morning so I was explaining that big boys don't need Binky's. Luke's response "I am a baby." I couldn't help but chuckling. Then of course he just kept repeating. I guess we will see how this goes. My plan was to start working on it in February but we may be more attached than I realized. Here is a picture of my baby at 7 months....


I just had to share his cute comments. Lately, he has been putting more words together. We have all heard "Mama I need a bath" and then when I didn't respond - "Daddy, bath please". We also hear of "Where's Mommy (Daddy, Papa)"?, "More Please", 'I need Juice", etc... He is definitely growing up. It won't be long and we will be celebrating birthday number 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment