Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Catch up

Oh am I always playing catch up? There has been quite a bit going on. Luke and I traveled to Emporia on Friday to return Taverli’s jewelry that I borrowed for Alpha Sigma Alpha convention. Luke was beyond thrilled to go to Emporia. He wanted to see Cinnamon the horse. We also were able to see two baby kittens, Freddy the dog, and Punkin and Branson the cats. He is still talking about the animals. He just loves them!

We headed back to work on our house for the weekend. We spent the weekend getting Luke’s big boy room organized, setting up the new guest room, taking work stuff to my office and so much more. We have a good start on our nesting! :) If you come to our house, I can guarantee you that Luke will show off his new room with all this Thomas stuff - basically just wall clings and signs from grandma's store.

My week for work has been spent putting names of participants in a database for 5K Run/Walk, A Divine Run, on July 24. It is great to have so many participants but it occupying most of my work time. Luke and I did venture out on Monday and made a trip to the library for him to turn in his summer reading program sheet. He received a certificate and Clifford book for his participation. He was really more excited to play with the train table at the library than get his reward. Oh well. He did enjoy the book once we were home.

Remember I mentioned Andy getting us a new garage door. Unfortunately, the company was not able to have it installed for the surprise when I arrived home. But they did come today and it is exciting to finally have it. It spices up our house a bit! I love it! It is also great to be able to get in and out of the garage. Luke took advantage today riding in his wagon and finally going on a ride on his tricycle.

Checking out the kitty.

Momma cat and her two kittens.

Petting the cute kitty.
Summer Reading Program Certificate

Luke's free book!

Our new garage door.

Another pic of the door...

Trying out his tricycle.

Big boy!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new garage door. It looks great with your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure mom and dad have exact pictures of us when we were little with kittens.

    ReplyDelete