Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas in Iowa

Hello Merriam Blog Readers - I know it has been 20 days since my last post.  We have been busy.  We had a great Christmas!  We began our celebrations by heading to Iowa on the 22nd after Andy was done with the work!  We had fun getting together with the Merriam family.  

Luke could hardly contain his excitement about Christmas.  We enjoyed dinner and checking out gingerbread houses on our first night in Council Bluffs.  Of course, the boys liked the Polar Express gingerbread house.

This year, Andy and I both got new iPhones for Christmas!  We were definitely overdue for a smart phone.  I love this pic because look who really is enjoying the new phone.  Personally, I will say that I have loved having the new phone and it has helped me with staying connected.


Cousins - It was rather tricky to get all five looking at the camera!  I think this is the best pic I took.  They are cute stair steps and love being together!


The opening begins!  Sam is quite a pro this year!


Cousin Ava is good at unwrapping too!  :)


More presents?


Grace (5) and her new video!


Hannah (7) is very excited!!


More of the cute little guy opening!


Luke with a new soccer goal!  Time to get enrolled in the spring soccer!


Sam's favorite is his new Elmo!


Luke with his stocking at Grandma and Papa Merriam's!


He was so excited!!


He got Flynn the Firetruck!


Sam got Diesel 10.


Another Thomas book!!  :)


Here is the Luke with the snowflake ornament that he made!


That evening, we went to the Andersen's for a Christmas gathering!  We didn't do very good taking pictures but we had a great time enjoying pizza, playing games and participating in a gift exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment