Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Hugs and Thomas

Luke is still loving school - aka Kids Day Out. This week was Friendship Day and we brought pretzels to share in the friendship mix. Luke also found it necessary to bring Thomas along as well for the day. I negotiated him down to just one train. We started with many more that wanted to go to school. Luke actually took the time to give me a hug goodbye today. :)

I spent most of the time Luke was at school working at the Village Preschool helping the director, Patty. Sam loved it as he was held the entire time by Patty. We could actually see Luke playing on the playground with Thomas in his hand at all times. Patty and I watched as one little girl swiped Thomas right out of Luke's hands. Then she proceeded to hide Thomas behind her back. Luke went over asking for it but she wouldn't give it so he laid on the ground and pouted for a moment. He got up and came to Patty's window. Patty told him through the window to go get his train back. I was hiding at this moment as I didn't want him to see me. Finally, he got the courage and went to Sophie to get his train back. After Thomas was in his hand, he ran to his teacher who had him put Thomas in his pocket. Our little shy boy is learning to be more assertive. :)

His teacher Carol shared that Thomas was the class hit and everyone wanted him. She had managed to find two more Thomas trains in the classroom but they all wanted Luke's Thomas. I think Thomas may have to stay home this week. But if he comes, his teacher expects Luke to keep track of Thomas. A good little lesson. When I asked Luke about school, he said "I share Thomas."


No comments:

Post a Comment