Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What's New?

We have seriously been watching summer run away from us.  It goes so fast when you start Kindergarten on August 15.  Here are a few highlights in the last month - 
  • The boys have spent time with the Koch grandparents over 4th of July at Melvern Lake in their camper while we went to a wedding.  More to follow on this!
  • A big milestone is that Sam has potty trained himself.  I have been slow to post because I didn't want to jinx myself but we are over a month now so I think we are good to go.  He was just so awesome at this!  I am so proud of him!  It is weird to be without diapers in our house though.
  • We have also been running around seeing our cousins (my nieces/nephews) in the Kansas City area.  Caroline was in Kansas City for her dance competition so we were able to watch her dance a couple of times.  Emily was in Kansas City for her softball world series.  We got to watch her rock it on second base.  Her team got fourth place.  We recently just watched Hunter and Zachary show their cattle at a fair not far from Kansas City.  They won many ribbons.  The fun has been seeing family at all these outings.
Sam, Luke and Caroline
 
 
Sweet Caroline

 
Softball player Em
 

Luke and Sam with Grandma at the Fair
 
 
Zachary showing his cow!
 

Grandma and Luke watching Zachary
 
 
 
Hunter showing his cow!



  • We went to the boys first Drive In movie and saw Despicable Me 2.  Fun for the entire fam!
 
 
  •  Random summer fun on our porch!  I am so glad we put our bench out front!  The boys took these photos and were so proud!



  • Summer haircuts!  Sam was really good at the haircut appointment so we went to Chuck E Cheese to celebrate.  It was nice not to hold him down.  :)

 
We watched our friend Jackson one day!

 
Sam loved driving him around the yard.
 


  • We got power wheels monster truck of my nephew Austin back up and running again.  The boys were so excited!
 
 

  • The boys just returned from time in Council Bluffs with Merriam grandparents.  They had fun hanging with their girl cousins too.  More to post on this as well!
Now it is time to enjoy the last few weeks of summer!!   We all love this time of year as a family.  Here they are at church!


Giving love to mom after being gone for 6 days!  My favorite is that Sam says every night "I love you Mommy Merriam"  It is so cute and he just loves that he added Merriam to my name.  :)  I also add another first this summer.  I am now officially Luke's mom.  Love this!  I love being their mom.  Love my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment